Project Types

Range of Work undertaken by Ross-Gower Associates

The practice has maintained a very broad range of projects and still has a core undertaking of minor domestic works including new build and alterations, remedial works, drainage repairs and other insurance related matters. At the other end of the scale the firm is regularly appointed as consulting engineers for large private new houses and extensive refurbishment projects, new municipal buildings such as Schools and recently for a major extension to Jersey Hospice.

The practice is frequently appointed Consulting Engineers for new housing estates for owner-occupier developments and social housing. That work covers both the structural work and the civil engineering on roads, drainage, retaining structures and external structures. The practice is currently working on four housing estates of up to 45 units of accommodation having provided both the civil and structural engineering consultancy service. The largest housing estate previously undertaken by the practice was 120 houses in 3 phases on a sloping site.

The civil engineering aspect of our work has expanded and RGA were for 5 years part of the Jersey Highway Partnership, designing and detailing engineering works for the programme of Highway Maintenance for the States of Jersey. From that experience RGA has designed remedial and maintenance works to housing estate roads and drainage, also administering the NEC contracts.

Minor Works

Valuation Reports and Building Surveys often identify an apparent structural defect. We can provide the follow-up survey to advise on the significance of cracks or evidence of movement and detail any necessary repairs to buildings or drainage and prepare reports for insurers.

New purchasers frequently want to undertake structural alterations and we can provide the service to obtain Bye-Law approval for minor structural internal alterations. On larger projects, or those involving external alterations which need Planning approval, as Structural Engineer we would work with your Architect to coordinate the structural work.

Contact us for more information.